Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Okay I lied

As is probably obvious I lied in the last updated when an idea for a solution to my problem came to my mind.

So I think I have everything setup. I am going to avoid going into specifics for security reasons but we now have much greater remote administration abilities that are no longer dependent on the server being online. I have also setup a range of automated monitoring software and utilities that will aid in both keeping track of site up time and doing some automated tasks that should allow the server to recover from all but the most serious of crashes automatically.

With that I am going to bed.

6 comments:

  1. Your thing doesn't seem to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. The server just crashed again, but it seems the new monitoring stuff restarted it. I'm checking mysql tables now, since mysql reported some crashed tables

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what you are sayings is that basically with the automatic restart it just keeps cycling crash/restart crash/restart?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it. I have a minute or two before it restarts again. And I have no idea what is doing the restarts. If it's not some software thing on the server, I can't even stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RationalWiki is an interesting site in many ways and for many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a problem with the fault correction not the server.

    ReplyDelete