Monday, September 21, 2009

Extended maintenance

The site is going down this afternoon for extended maintenance. Running some tests, changing some options and install some new hardware. All designed to try and help deal with some of the recent outages. Running the backup first, then I will get started.

Update: Screw it I am done for tonight. Got about half of what I wanted figured out. Luckily the last half lets me keep RW up most of the time I am working. I will have to come back and keep working on this probably tomorrow which means don't freak if there is intermittent downtime for a minute or so every now and then for the next day or so.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck in surgery. When you do this kind of thing, is it generally best to avoid edits as soon as the warning comes up, or just keep on pounding away until the bitter end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If editing the site is going to cause a problem I will lock the database. If the database isn't locked you can assume it is fine to edit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The botserver is offline, it seems it broke while you were operating on RW. Can you look into it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. borked borked borked!!!! hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete