Friday, September 25, 2009

Fault protection take 2

I have received the additional hardware I needed to get the fault protection working...I think. I will be setting that up and running some test on it today. It shouldn't effect RationalWiki at all as I can do my testing further down the network chain. If all goes well I will need to restart the server and that's about it. I will drop an intercom on RW when/if I do that.

Update: Okay, fault protection seems to be working well. I have implemented it live on the server now. I will continue to monitor everything and adjust as needed. But all appears well for now.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I can't access RW. "Waiting for RationalWiki"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little slow, but seems to be working. I did have that "waiting for rationalwiki" problem about 30 minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. make sure to carefully double-blind test the fault protection protocols before leaving home again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taken the server offline while I check the database. It looks like it crashed again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah. Just as I had a vital post to make!

    ReplyDelete