Thursday, August 26, 2010

Coming back up

Obviously there has been some issues. I had a problem with the network on this end that was cutting off my internet access. This, of course, made it impossible to connect to the server but also limited my ability to post to let you know what was up.

I think I have got a temporary solution worked out so that things should be coming back on line shortly.

UPDATE: The network can see the internet again (obviously I am posting) but there are issues with our reserved IP address. It seems that my ISP has switched to true static rather than the fake static they had been using. I can get a static free of charge with current internet package but it takes 8-10 days. In the mean time our IP has changed and the new IP has to be propagated.

Short answer: RW will has a new IP address and I need to change the DNS. Your access to RW will return whenever your DNS updates which should be a few hours but could be longer.

UPDATE 2: DNS is changed and should be propagating. It is up for me at least and should be fore you soon.

5 comments:

  1. So what's the new IP, for the impatient?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Entering that took me back to the old RW forum. Man there are some good memories in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly, the Kendoll works in mysterious ways. OLE OLE OLE!

    ReplyDelete